PCP 269: 9 Tips For Effective Small Group Leader Guides
Healthy small groups are vital to healthy churches. In this episode, we share 9 practical things you can do to help ensure you are writing and creating good small group leader discussion guides for your groups.
Welcome to episode 269 of Practical Church Planting. You can watch this episode below, or subscribe to the podcast and get our episodes delivered right to you.
Here are the 9 tips we discuss in this episode:
- Sermon based is the easiest/most consistent
- People will already have done their homework (if sermon based)
- Start with a couple of announcements
- Do some ice breakers
- Break up Biblical text into multiple sections with a couple fo questions and a brief description
- Include questions about life and experiences, not just bible and theology
- Avoid inductive Bible study questions
- Keep it to 6-8 questions
- Send the guides out before Sunday
Improve your church website
This episode was brought to you by The Church Co. Get 40% off the first two years and have a fast, mobile-friendly, and well-designed website for your church. Use the promo code Practical at checkout to get 40% off and get a better website today. Visit thechurchco.com/practical for more info.
Connect and never miss an episode
Did you know that you can also subscribe to the podcast version of Practical Church Planting? Subscribe for free and never miss an episode! Appreciate the podcast? Please leave a rating and review, and even share it to help spread the word! Here’s where you can subscribe:
Have questions or want encouragement from other church planters? Join the Practical Church Planting Facebook group